Mary Laufenbeg, CGFM, CPA
2015-16 President, Southern Wisconsin AGA Chapter
A new year is almost upon us and we have great AGA trainings set up for you as well as anniversaries to celebrate. Those dates are as follows:
- January 13 audio conference titled “Evidence Based Policy Making – Making the Right Decisions to Improve Programs” at a location to be determined.
- January 28 luncheon with our speaker, Andrew Justl from Baker Tilly Virchow Krause, LLP on the annual tax updates at the Old Country Buffet
- February 3 members only webinar titled “Managing in a Multi-Generational Workplace”
We will be celebrating the National AGA’s 50th anniversary at an upcoming luncheon. Our historian is looking at ideas from the Southern Wisconsin AGA Chapter’s 25th anniversary. If you have any ideas to celebrate our chapter’s anniversary, please get back to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or David Mellem (email@example.com).
Did You Miss It?!?!
Do More with Current Funding: Blending and Braiding Funds
AGA National offers 4 free webinars for members each year. Each is work 1 CPE. The first session was held August 12. If you missed it, you can catch the presentation slides on-line. The recording will be posted later (sorry, CPE during live event only). Log in at https://www.agacgfm.org/My-AGA/Sign-In.aspx. Click on Member Resources in the left panel. The information is in the center column.
While there, check out past webinar materials (some include the recording). Sample titles are:
- Introductory Level Approach to Turning the “Super Circular” into a User Friendly Tool
- Prevent, Detect and Mitigate Fraud in Your Organization
- The Federal Budget Process: How It Works from Conception to Programs”