The location for the November 1st luncheon has changed. The meeting will be at UW System Administration, 780 Regent Street in Madison. Luncheon details have been updated.
The Southern Wisconsin AGA chapter earned Platinum status for program year 2018!!! This is the top level for chapter awards. This reflects the level of training offered and chapter activities. Thank you to Roger Birkett for attending the awards ceremony on July 25 to accept the award on behalf of the chapter. Thank you to each member who was able to participate in a training, webinar, or community service event!
Welcome Members and Non-Members
Thursday, November 1, 2018
TOPIC: Collecting Sales Tax from Online Retailers
SPEAKER: Cory Fish, Director of Tax, Transportation and Legal Affairs,
WI Manufacturers and Commerce
REGISTRATION: 11:30 a.m. LUNCH: 11:45 a.m.
COST: $6 for Members, $12 for Non-Members
PLACE: Location Change: UW System Administration, 780 Regent Street, Room 126.
MENU: Lunch will be ordered from Panera.
- Frontega Chicken Panini (warm) Focaccia bread, smoked pulled chicken, fresh mozzarella, basil, red onions, sliced tomatoes, chipotle mayo
- Bacon Turkey Bravo Sandwich (cold) Tomato basil bread, bacon, turkey, gouda cheese, greens, sliced tomatoes, signature sauce
- Steak & Arugula Sandwich (cold) Steak, pickled onions, arugula, sliced tomatoes, garlic & herb cheese spread, mustard horseradish
- Four Cheese Grilled Cheese Country rustic bread with grilled cheese blend of cheeses. Can add sliced tomatoes, red onion, mayo, and/or spinach.
- Please select one sandwich from the items above. If you want something added/deleted, please include that information in your reply. We will have French fries, chips, and soda to go with the meal. I would like to place the order Wednesday evening, so please reply with your new meal choice before 5 p.m. on Wednesday, October 31.
If you know of anyone who would still like to add, please send that information with your lunch order.
RESERVATIONS: Register below or contact Sherri Voigt by 1 p.m. on Friday, October 26, 2018 with your name, membership status, meal choice (and for carpooling information) at (608) 266-2814 or e-mail.
NEW MEMBERS FIRST LUNCHEON MEETING IS FREE!
About this Month’s Speaker
Mr. Cory Fish serves as Wisconsin Manufacturers and Commerce’s (WMC) Director of Tax, Transportation and Legal Affairs.
Prior to joining WMC, Mr. Fish worked for the State of Wisconsin.
Most recently he worked for State Senator Alberta Darling, Co-Chair of the powerful Joint Committee on Finance, serving as her Legal Counsel.
He also advised Sen. Darling on budget and policy issues ranging from higher education and regulatory reform to natural resources and transportation.
Mr. Fish works with the legislature and state agencies to improve Wisconsin’s business climate by advocating for sensible tax policies, strong infrastructure, and a fair civil justice system.
Mr. Fish earned a B.A. from UW-Eau Claire, Summa Cum Laude, and a J.D. from the University of Wisconsin Law School, where he graduated Cum Laude. He is a licensed attorney in Wisconsin.
Thank you to all who presented and attended AGA Southern Wisconsin’s 41st Annual Symposium on May 9, 2018.
Please find the following presentations from our speakers:
- Dane County Regional Airport – Kim Jones
- Accounting Fraud – Jodi Gissel, PhD, CPA, CFE
- Increasing Prevalence of Extreme Weather Events – Jim Swanke
- Identity Theft & Data Breach Awareness – Michelle Reinen
- Internal Controls – Things We Do To Keep Bad Things From Happening – Jim Arnette, CGFM, CISA
2018 ANNUAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SYMPOSIUM
**Deadline is April 24, 2018**
41st ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE
CPE CREDITS: 7 HOURS
Wednesday, May 9, 2018
University of Wisconsin Union South
The Association of Government Accountants
Advancing Government Accountability
7:30 a.m. Registration — 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Conference
Objective: The intended audience is financial managers, controllers, treasurers, auditors, and individuals whose responsibilities involve governmental accountability and financial management. This conference is designed to enhance understanding of some of the problems encountered today in the public sector, inform of public policies and emerging issues, and provide managerial techniques to affect positive changes. The 41st Annual Accounting and Financial Management Conference continues the Association of Government Accountant’s commitment to a planned program of professional education and development for public sector financial managers.
Full Agenda: AGA Southern Wisconsin Chapter Annual Symposium
- AGA Member $40
- Non-Member $80
- Retired AGA Member $30
Symposium Registration Should be Received by April 24, 2018
Mail Registration: Association of Government Accountants
PO Box 1454
Madison, WI 53701-1454
Registration Contact: Sherri Voigt, 608-266-2814, firstname.lastname@example.org